ECCS offers a policy in respect of customer complaints. This policy is to attempt to bring about a mutually agreeable conclusion
There are comprehensive stages involved in our customer complaints policy and each stage is an important part of the process in achieving a successful outcome for all parties and so must be followed
We must advise that we cannot become involved in any complaint if:
- Any matter has already resulted in a claim being submitted to any Court in the UK for resolution or any other dispute resolution service and irrespective of whether the Court proceedings are on-going or have already been adjudicated;
- If any incident has already resulted in a claim being submitted to an insurance company, either yours or the member sweeps, for resolution, irrespective of whether this claim is on-going or has been decided and
- If any matter has been referred by either party to the police.
The first stage if you wish to make a complaint is to contact us and put your concerns in writing. This gives us an opportunity to resolve the matter with you. You will appreciate that we may not be aware of any issue you may have and so once notified of this, we may be prepared to resolve the situation to your full satisfaction.
When putting your concerns in writing please be precise about the exact issues you have, when these occurred and what rectification you would like. This will aid us in deciding how best to resolve the situation. So that we can look into your complaint please provide to us the following information
- Your name, address, e-mail address and best contact number.
- The date and location(s) where the complaint incident took place.
- What services were provided and whether you have paid for the services at the time of making the complaint.
- The nature/basis of your complaint.
- The outcome you would like to see in order to resolve your complaint.
You can contact us in the following ways:
Mr A Lovick
East Coast Chimney Sweep
Clink Cottage, Clink Hill
Gt Yarmouth NR30 5SW
Via our website contact page
ECCS meet or exceed the Industry Standard Code of Practice set out by The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.
In the unlikely situation that you are still unsatisfied with how your complaint has been dealt with and you wish to take advantage of the conciliation service offered by The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps please proceed to stage two of the complaints procedure.
Please contact The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps to use their conciliation service
You can contact The Guild in the following ways:
The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps
Essex RM16 6QL
Via the Guild website contact page
In the circumstance that you are still unsatisfied with the outcome of this complaints procedure you will still be able to follow the available remedies under English law, if you so wish.